Contract – 1 year
Our client has recently established a Canadian headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario and will develop and commercialize specialty products in Oncology and other specialty therapeutic areas.
If you are looking for an opportunity to experience the pharmaceutical industry and participate in the growth of this business this role will appeal to you. Our client is currently building our organizational processes and preparing to launch new products to the market.
Summary of Purpose
The individual will have a broad responsibility to support the operations of the business.
Finance / Operations activities include accounts payable, expense analysis, month end financial closing, budget planning, procurement support, and financial process support.
- Manage accounts payable process working in collaboration with 3rd party outsourced accounting firm (BDO). Complete cycle from invoice receipt, approval, account coding, payment processing and record retention.
- Complete assigned month end / year end closing activities including journal entry creation, financial accruals, account reconciliations, P&L/Balance sheet review and financial analysis.
- Deliver and support analysis of financial expenses in collaboration with cost center managers. Deliver required financial reports to managers.
- Complete assigned financial analysis to support review of business expenses (i.e. airfare, fleet, communications)
- Support Finance in Budgeting and Planning activities
- Compliance activities including contract management / policy and procedure development.
- Participates in special projects / continuous improvement initiatives as defined.
Education, Experience, Special Skills and Other Requirements
- BA/ MBA recent graduate in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- 1-2 years in relevant business experience including Co-op / Internships
- Pursuing or completed accounting designation an asset.
- Strong interest in learning about the Canadian pharmaceutical marketplace, customers and sales team operations
- Flexible in work assignments.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Self-starter and results-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to relate well to internal and external customers.
- Strong user of MS Office suite of products, especially excel and PowerPoint. Database management and experience in survey development is an asset.
- Strong Communications skills
- High level of organizational skills
- Able to work across multi-disciplinary teams