NowPac has been in business since 1988 and is a key player in the food and drug consumer goods industry. The company provides contract packaging services and third-party supply chain solutions to major Fortune 500 companies. The company provides industry expertise to the OTC, Pharma, Natural Health and CPG major brands manufacturers.
NowPac aims to meet or exceed our promises to our customers and we are committed to hiring the best person for the job. The primary focus of the Production Planner is the preparation and update of production schedules in a changing production environment, driving efficiency while ensuring customer needs are met. The Production Planner plays a significant role in supporting overall schedule compliance, internal and external customer service and achievement of the Company’s overall objectives.
- The preparation, issuance, revision and follow-up of weekly and monthly production plans and schedules consistent with the plant capacity and sales forecast.
- Overseeing the co-ordination and expedition of the flow of work and materials across the production floor, including the creation and distribution of production orders to the shop-floor noting the quality, type and proposed completion times and dates of the inventory being produced.
- Working closely with operations, quality, inventory, and distribution functions to determine the progress of work and adherence to expected completion/delivery dates.
- Determining the desired inventory levels for finished goods down to the SKU-level including appropriate safety stocks. The sales forecasts, new business opportunities, customer expectations, and internal supply constraints will be used to develop production plan and schedules.
- Accurate and up-to-date data tables.
- Supporting overall schedule compliance, customer service attainment and achievement of the Company’s performance objectives.
- Being familiar with all phases of production work, and must develop very strong cross-functional knowledge and relationships with Operations, Sales, Quality, and Management.
- Master Production Planning: organize, prepare, issue and manage production plans and schedules to achieve optimum productivity, output and capacity utilization.
- Master Data Management: areas of focus for this role are the Item, Customer and Vendor Master
Fluent in English
Scheduling, budgeting and accounting math
Measurement and calculation math
Numerical estimation and forecasting
- CPIM certification or Supply Chain Management certification an asset
- Effective communication – both writing and verbally
- GMP experience in the packaging and labelling industry
- Active listening and learning
- Critical and analytical thinking
- Judgment and decision making
- Project and time management,
- Operations analysis
- Organization and planning
- Information gathering and monitoring
- Problem analysis and solving
- Assertive, well organized and proficient using Software Applications such as Excel and ERP systems
- Ability to think critically and perform multi-scenario and complex analysis
- Investigates problems, finds root causes, and develops solutions
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Must have the flexibility to adapt to changing customer demands and schedules
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the organization
We will be contacting applicants whose experience and skills closely match our requirements. Thank you for your interest.
All final candidates will be subject to a background check, which may include criminal, education and employment verification, and reference checks.
NowPac is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.