Our client provides professional services to reporting issuers and private companies across a wide spectrum of industries. Their client base includes small and mid-cap companies, with a particular emphasis on the resource sector.
Summary of Purpose
Reporting to the President, The Controller will oversee and administer the accounting, reporting, finance, payable, receivable and payroll functions of the organization. Additionally, the Corporate Controller will provide accurate and timely financial information and analysis, while maintaining a high degree of accountability and transparency with regard to reporting and accounting throughout the organization.
• Manage a team of 2 bookkeepers capable of supporting strong customer service levels.
• Supervision of financial reporting including preparation of certain payroll and sales tax returns, preparation of year end consolidated IFRS compliant financial statements, accounts payable and receivable administration, adherence to internal control processes, preparation of budgets, engagement letters and administration of certain payroll functions within the organization.
• Coordinating all financial aspects of corporate alliances and take the lead in establishing relationships with alliance counterparts.
• Work closely with the President to help insure decision-making is based on the most relevant and timely information available. Provide assistance as required to support budget and forecast assumptions.
• Coordinate internal reporting. Assume principal responsibility for improving and standardizing financial consolidation and reporting processes across the organization.
• Liaison for external and internal audits. Manage and coordinate all aspects of various financial and operational audits.
• Develop, implement, and maintain internal control procedures.
• Design and prepare presentation materials for executive level presentations.
• Develop integral working relationships across functions.
• Special projects as deemed necessary.
• Must have CPA and a minimum 2 years comprehensive Finance, Accounting, and Controllership experience.
• Resource sector experience preferred.
• Ability to multi-task and complete a variety of tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• Solid experience with current accounting, control, systems design, implementation and creating financial statements.
• Management and hands-on experience with Payable, Receivable, and Payroll.
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close processes.
• Adept at technical accounting with a high level of financial, analytical, and technical accounting skills to include cost accounting, and GAAP matters.
• Proven strength in using accounting and reporting systems ensuring that useful, timely, and accurate data is available for business decisions.
• Demonstrate leadership track record of effective management and staff development.
• Working knowledge of Quickbooks is an asset.